About Coach Bouwer
Who Am I ?
I'm a former Division 1 Track & Field, Big 12 champion, 3 x All-American athlete that helped Texas Tech win their first outdoor National Championship in 2019. I have developed my sports performance training regime by working with some of the best athletic performance coaches and sport scientists in the country as well as working with Professional, Collegiate and youth athletes from 8u to varsity teams. FREAK Athletics runs out of one one of the best sports performance facilities in the country and will be blazing a path in the future of sports performance.
Sport specific strength and conditioning has long been overlooked by athletes and coaches as a part of their training programs. I believe that what an athlete does off the field, in the weight room, and with their conditioning, holds the key to their success. As a sports performance specialist, my goal is help each one of my clients to reach their peak potential and create the next wave of FREAK athletes to take the world by storm!
Certifications & Experiences:
* Coached multiple athletes from Georgetown's 5A state Championship team this past year.
* Proven track record of helping athletes obtain scholarship offers from top ranking institutions.
* Former Division 1 track athlete and national champion at Texas Tech
* Assistant Track Coach at Southwestern University
* Experience coaching in multiple UIL districts
* National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
* USA Weight Lifting Level 1
* National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
* SafeSport Certified